Shoulder Pain Treatment From Unity Chiropractic & Wellness Center
The chiropractors and massage therapists at Unity Chiropractic & Wellness Center in Beaverton, OR have the combination of treatments you need to overcome chronic shoulder pain without surgery and without drugs.
Many of the chiropractic techniques offered at Unity Chiropractic & Wellness in Beaverton—which include Graston Technique,, Active Release Technique (A.R.T.), Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM), myofascial release, cupping therapy, and low level or "cold" laser therapy (LLLT)—reduce and dissolve problematic scar tissue that interferes with your range of motion and causes chronic pain.
Coupled with spinal adjustment to eliminate abnormal pressure on the nerves that serve your shoulders, chiropractic care at Unity Chiropractic & Wellness can make shoulder pain a thing of the past. Here are some of our answers to frequently asked questions about shoulder pain.
What causes shoulder pain?
Some of the most common causes of shoulder pain include:
- • Dislocation. This occurs when the upper arm bone pops out of its socket. There can be joint immobility along with swelling, bruising, and considerable pain.
- • Frozen shoulder, also known as adhesive capsulitis. This shoulder pain is due to immobility of the shoulder joint. It can be brought on by injury, surgery, or neurological issues. You can wait it out and it usually will go away in one to three years. But your chiropractor can help you overcome it much more quickly.
- • Bursitis. This inflammation of the shoulder joint is usually triggered by lifting heavy objects overhead, throwing a ball, or taking a fall. Your chiropractor can help you get over this condition faster,
- • Rotator cuff injury. Torn tendons and strained muscles cause dull shoulder pain that gets worse and worse over time. Without chiropractic intervention, this kind of shoulder pain can take a very long time to heal.
- • Sprains and strains. These muscle injuries can result from heavy lifting or trying a little too hard at your favorite sport.
- • Tendinitis. Painful tendon conditions are common among tennis players and golfers.
Another common source of shoulder pain is the misalignment of the cervical spine, the bones in your neck. You might not even remember the injury that set off a cycle of inflammation and misalignment that puts pressure on the nerves going to your shoulder.
What can a chiropractor near me do to relieve shoulder pain?
Your chiropractor can identify the fundamental cause of your shoulder pain, whether it is in a muscle, or in the fascia connecting muscles, or in the alignment of your spine. Then your chiropractor can give you safe and gentle treatments that end your shoulder pain by correcting it at its cause.
Call Unity Chiropractic & Wellness Center
At Unity Chiropractic & Wellness Center, we're here to help. Request an appointment online or call us at (503) 747-3388. The offices of Unity Chiropractic and Wellness Center are located at 12325 SW Horizon Blvd #223, Beaverton, OR 97007.