Injuries in a car accident are widespread and hard to avoid. Thankfully, these issues can be treated. However, they can be very painful if they aren't managed carefully. Just a few of the most common of these issues include:
- Herniated Disks – Trauma to the back can cause the disks of your spinal cords to bulge, leading to severe pain.
- Soft-Tissue Bruising – Tears and bruises in the soft tissues of your body, such as ligaments and tendons, are very common in a car accident.
- Compression Fractures – Heavy compression during a car accident can cause the spine to press downward and lead to severe pain.
Injuries You Might Not Notice Right Away
Even if you don't feel immediate pain after a car accident, you may have suffered from bodily damage that isn't immediately apparent. For example, whiplash occurs when your neck and head jerk quickly. Unfortunately, this damage can sometimes be hard to notice but can lead to symptoms like headaches and upper back pain that seems unrelated to the neck.
Another common issue that isn't immediately apparent after a car accident is rotator cuff injury. These injuries may cause immediate pain or linger for months or even years without treatment. Even worse, the pain can spread through your body in unpredictable ways. Thankfully, they can be managed with specialized chiropractic care.
How Unity Chiropractic Treatment Can Help
By visiting a chiropractor after a car accident, you can get help to immediately remedy injuries sustained in a car accident. They can provide you with a variety of benefits, including:
- Chiropractic Adjustment – This treatment helps to adjust the positioning of your body in ways that manage your pain and prevents suffering.
- Massage Therapy – While massages aren't as powerful as chiropractic care, they can relax tense muscles and provide you with pain relief.
- Myofascial Therapy – A chiropractor uses this treatment to stretch and loosen tendons and muscles in your body to help manage pain.
Contact Our Local Chiropractor Today!
If you were in a car accident and think you need help, please don't hesitate to contact us at Unity Chiropractic and Wellness Center. By calling our Beaverton center at (503) 747-3388, you can get the chiropractic care, myofascial therapy, massage therapy, and accupuncture that you need to avoid severe complications after an accident.